Landscape Finance Framework
After working on landscape finance for the last few years for several of our partners and clients, we have spent our summer to compile a generic Landscape Finance Framework.
Landscape restoration is an emerging theme and its momentum couldn’t be clearer with the now established UN Decade of Ecosystem Restoration. Around the world, local and international organizations are working towards restoring landscapes and biodiversity. But as the $ 2.5 trillion SDG finance gap demonstrates, without additional (private sector) funding, we are nowhere near achieving the goals of climate resilience and bending the loss of biodiversity.
Landscapes possess natural resources and provide ecosystem services. By restoring landscapes, the value of natural resources, our natural capital, increases. This means there is a huge, and largely untapped, business case for landscape restoration.
This Framework offers a standardized framework to identify, measure, value and monetarize natural capital at the landscape level. It investigates the economic drivers of the landscape and potentially new, sustainable business cases. Furthermore, it assesses financing readiness and opportunities that fit these landscapes. By doing so, it presents an opportunity for landscapes to get the funding they need, and for funders to get a pipeline of readily projects that fit their interests.
Want to learn more? Do not hesitate to get in touch!
- Ereprijs (Overijssel) launched 24 December 2019
- Community of Practice Business in Landscapes 24 December 2019
- Manifest of the Amsterdam wedges 20 December 2019
- Workshop verdienmodellen voor voedselbossen 12 December 2019
- Reflections on the Global Landscape Forum: The Investment Case 3 December 2019
- New types of rural housing can help solve the nitrogen problem 26 November 2019
- A green plus for climate adaptation 12 November 2019
- Demystifying Green Finance 4 November 2019
- Sustainable cotton value chain for Iron Roots 15 October 2019
- Landscape Finance Framework 15 October 2019
- Alumni event 9 October 2019
- Accounting for a Better Planet 30 September 2019
- Green Crown 2010 – And the winners are… 18 September 2019
- Exploring the future of the Holendrechterpolder 9 September 2019
- Feasibility study grass seed bank project in southern Kenya 7 August 2019