Testlab new forest and tiny houses
How nice would it be to provide both new nature and forests by combining it with tiny houses? Imagine a world where housing would not be at the expense of nature, but where housing adds nature.
Therefore, we are looking for leading municipalities that would like to explore the possibility to build tiny houses in their municipality by a community of practice. With these municipalities, a quick scan for the opportunities for tiny houses will be performed.
Participate with us in this collaboration between the Ministry of Economic affairs, state forest management, IMI, Nature^Squared, and Tiny House NL to explore the opportunities. Government landholdings, compensation projects, and agricultural grounds will be explored as a possibility for this transition to nature. Furthermore, the financial, juridical and administrative possibilities will be explored.
The benefits in a row:
- Additional forest contributes to nature and climate goals (52.000 ha nature and CO2-storage); besides that, forest contributes to wood production, biodiversity, recreation, filtering of fine dust, reduction of heat stress and health.
- Tiny houses are interesting for a broad target group like starters, elders and people that need care and are quick to realize and sustainable.
- Conversion of farmed land to nature offers new perspectives for agricultural entrepreneurs or farmers that will quit an do not have a successor that will live on the farm (24.000).
- The business case is mostly funded with private money. Municipalities can enable tiny houses by experiments, a booster budget and/or change in destination plan.
The “Testlab new forest and tiny houses” is an initiative of Nature^Squared and the Institute for Social innovation, in collaboration with Tiny House NL, state forest management and Link in Green.
- A green plus for climate adaptation 12 November 2019
- Demystifying Green Finance 4 November 2019
- Sustainable cotton value chain for Iron Roots 15 October 2019
- Alumni event 9 October 2019
- Accounting for a Better Planet 30 September 2019
- Green Crown 2010 – And the winners are… 18 September 2019
- Exploring the future of the Holendrechterpolder 9 September 2019
- Feasibility study grass seed bank project in southern Kenya 7 August 2019
- Food Forest business models 11 July 2019
- Green Crown competition 2019 1 July 2019
- Greener.LAND 20 June 2019
- Tiny houses? New nature! 12 June 2019
- Pig tractor allows pig farming to travel through the countryside 28 May 2019
- Amstel Farmers Dairy 17 May 2019
- The foreign office 13 May 2019