A green plus for climate adaptation
The consequences of our changing climate are increasingly visible. Dry, hot summers cause heat records and water shortages, and heavy rainfall leads to flooded streets and water damage. We at Nature^Squared see nature-based solutions and green infrastructure as the solution to arm cities and villages better against extreme weather, and at the same time increase urban biodiversity. Our former intern Benthe Timmermans has looked into how municipalities can get started with this.
The Delta Plan on Spatial Adaptation requires municipalities to carry out ‘climate stress tests’. Many municipalities will therefore already be working on climate adaptive measures. And these measures can go very easily hand in hand with improving biodiversity. By ‘smart linking’, multiple goals can be achieved, sometimes even without extra use of space and costs. Timing is key here. By working with climate adaptation during maintenance work or new construction projects, a green plus can be achieved.
The white paper below provides practical examples of smart links and shows opportunities to get started with climate adaptation. Are you interested as a municipality and want to know more about how to implement a green plus for biodiversity? We would like to think along with you in a practical and action-oriented way about how climate and biodiversity can be linked to the urban challenges of the future.
Download the white paper through this link: “Een groene plus voor klimaatadaptatie” (only in Dutch).
- A green plus for climate adaptation 12 November 2019
- Demystifying Green Finance 4 November 2019
- Sustainable cotton value chain for Iron Roots 15 October 2019
- Alumni event 9 October 2019
- Accounting for a Better Planet 30 September 2019
- Green Crown 2010 – And the winners are… 18 September 2019
- Exploring the future of the Holendrechterpolder 9 September 2019
- Feasibility study grass seed bank project in southern Kenya 7 August 2019
- Food Forest business models 11 July 2019
- Green Crown competition 2019 1 July 2019
- Greener.LAND 20 June 2019
- Tiny houses? New nature! 12 June 2019
- Pig tractor allows pig farming to travel through the countryside 28 May 2019
- Amstel Farmers Dairy 17 May 2019
- The foreign office 13 May 2019